Umm Al-Qura University
Vice Deanship for Development and Quality
College Vice Dean for Development and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Ahmad bin Faisal Subahi
Duties of the Vice Dean of the College for Development and Entrepreneurship:
- To promote and spread the culture of quality in the college in coordination with the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality.
- To attend the meetings of the College Council and the meetings of the Deanship of the College and the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality and coordinate with them on the implementation of the quality policy and its objectives adopted at the university.
- To prepare and follow up the implementation of the strategic and executive plan of the college and organizational units.
- To support, follow up and guarantee the continuous flow of different activities of quality system and development in the college, according to the standards and needs of the quality assurance system in the university.
- To monitor the results of performance evaluation indicators within the college.
- To design the internal system of work in the Vice Deanship for Development and Entrepreneurship, define the specialization and general description of those working there and coordinate between the units and committees of the vice deanship.
- To suggest the formation of committees and units that fall under the control of the vice deanship in the male and female sections, in addition to supervising them and applying quality criteria.
- To prepare regular reports about the activity of the vice deanship and its affiliated units, and present them to the Deanship of the College and the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality.
- To contribute to the drafting of the basic documents of the quality assurance system (policies and procedures guidelines, etc.) according to the requirements of the quality assurance system of the university.
- To communicate with equivalent academic and administrative units at the university to achieve the goals of the vice deanship through coordination with the Dean of the College.
- To communicate with the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality in matters related to quality, academic accreditation, and training through coordination with the Dean of the College.
- To communicate with the Deanship of E-Learning and Information Technology in matters related to the affairs of development, quality and training through coordination with the Dean of the College.
- To prepare annual plans for training programs for all categories.
- To carry out and follow up the activities of the distinction and innovation awards with regard to the research, administrative and educational performance at the college.
- To continuously coordinate with the vice deans of the colleges and the heads of the academic departments to achieve the goals of the college in the fields of quality, accreditation and skill development.
- To supervise the financial affairs and amounts allocated to the vice deanship and its programs, according to bylaws and regulations.
- To follow up the process of updating the college website in matters related to the vice deanship and its subordinate units.
- To provide an integrated database on all quality works and activities in the college.
- To supervise the activities of the college in serving the community and the societal partnerships, in coordination with the dean of the college.
Duties of the Graduates Follow-up Office:
- To periodically activate and update the Alumni Forum database to encourage close contact between graduates and the college.
- To inform and activate graduates to participate in courses, seminars and workshops through continuing education programs.
- To open channels of communication between the college and the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies to identify their needs for graduates.
- To conduct standard questionnaires to identify the needs of the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies and the local community.
- To inform the graduates of the needs of the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies and the local community for jobs suitable for their specialties.
- To invite the graduates to the special events at the college and the ongoing development programs.