Umm Al-Qura University
Vice Deanship for Development and Quality
College Vice Dean for Development and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Alaa bin Talal Qumsani
General Duties of the Vice Dean for Development and Entrepreneurship:
- Following up the implementation of the policies and objectives adopted by the university regarding the various actions and activities pertaining to the Vice Deanship for Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Proposing the formation of committees related to the work of the deanship.
- Maintaining permanent coordination with the vice deans and heads of the departments in order to accomplish the objectives of the college.
- Communicating with counterpart academic units at the university regarding all that may help to achieve the tasks related to the deanship.
- Contributing to the drafting of the basic documents of the quality assurance system (such as the manual of policies and procedures), according to the requirements of the quality assurance system at the university.
- Providing an integrated database and information system for all the work and activities of the deanship.
- Preparing a comprehensive report on the work and achievements of the deanship, and submitting it to the college dean.
Duties of the Graduates Follow-up Office:
- To periodically activate and update the Alumni Forum database to encourage close contact between graduates and the college.
- To inform and activate graduates to participate in courses, seminars and workshops through continuing education programs.To open channels of communication between the college and the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies to identify their needs for graduates.
- To conduct standard questionnaires to identify the needs of the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies and the local community.
- To inform the graduates of the needs of the owners of the surrounding industrial establishments and bodies and the local community for jobs suitable for their specialties.
- To invite the graduates to the special events at the college and the ongoing development programs.