** Last update: 8 Muharram, 1443 A.H., corresponding to 17 August 2021
Research papers presented for publishing in the UQU Journal of Language Sciences and Literature are accepted according to the following rules:
- The research should be novel and should not have been previously published elsewhere. It should not be extracted from previous work.
- Research papers should be submitted via the journal website (research publishing form). The form for Publishing Research in the Journal Website must be filled in.
- Research papers written in Arabic should be written in Traditional Arabic, font size 16 for the body text, and font size 12 or 14 for footnotes and references.
- Research papers written in English should be written in Times New Roman, font size 14 for the body text, and font size 12 for footnotes and references.
- The text should be written on only one side of the page with a line spacing of 1.5 and a margin of at least 2.5 cm at the top, bottom, and sides of the page. Research papers should not exceed 50 pages, including references, appendices, and tables.
- Research pages should be serially numbered, as well as tables, shapes, and references. Tables, images, shapes, and drawings should be printed on separate pages, specifying where they occur in the body text.
- All research should be presented with a summary, written in both Arabic and English, of not more than 200 words. Moreover, the research must include keywords written in Arabic and English, indicating the major of the research, of not more than 6 words, to be placed at the end of each abstract.
- The researcher’s name, academic rank, employer (department, college, university), and address should be stated in Arabic and English immediately after the title of the research paper. He must also mention his official email.
- All references, comments, and margins should be mentioned at the end of the research and should reference the author's name, the book title, and the page of direct quotations. These references, comments, and margins should be serially arranged from the beginning of the research till the end and should be written automatically, not manually.
- Sources and references should be written at the end of the research. They should be arranged alphabetically according to the author's surname, then the first names, followed by the book or article title, the edition number, the publisher's name (if it is a book) or the magazine name (if it is an article). Finally, the place of publication and then the publishing date should be added (if it is a book), or the issue number, or the year and the issue, and then the page numbers (if it is an article).
- The researcher is required to type Arabic references in Latin letters. They should be included in the list of foreign references (while keeping them in the Arabic language in the list of Arabic references).
- Journal issues are published electronically on the journal website. The researcher is given two electronic copies of the issue that includes his research in the event that the issue is printed on paper after being published electronically.
Acknowledgement of Grant Support:
The authors must acknowledge the funding support they have received from specific grants and programmes in the form of a sentence, as follows with the name of the funding agency written out in full, followed by the grant number in square brackets:
"This work is supported by the Journal of Umm Al-Qura University for Language Sciences and Literature" [Grant number 0000]
Published materials express the opinions of the authors. Authors are responsible for the soundness of information and the accuracy of the conclusions. All copyright is reserved for the publisher (UQU). Once a research paper has been approved for publication, publication ownership is transferred from the author to the journal.
Invitation to Publish
The journal welcomes submissions from all scientific researchers whose research fields fall within its area of interest. It invites them to make a distinctive contribution to the production of knowledge in all its forms and trends. It also invites them to contribute to the development of research in line with current developments and technical progress, and in line with the university's objectives, mission, and vision, as well as the ambitions of the members of the editorial board and the advisory board.
How to Contact the Journal
All materials and enquiries are to be sent directly to the UQU Journal of Language Sciences and Literature’s editor in chief via the e-mail: [email protected], or to the University Journals Office at the e-mail: [email protected]
Matters related to the coordination of subscriptions are carried out by the Administration of the University Journals Office.