Materials presented for publishing in the UQU Journal of Language Sciences and Literature are accepted according to the following rules:
- The author of the research paper must submit the scientific material via the journal website on the Research Publication Form, which should be filled in on the journal website.
- Research papers written in Arabic should be written in Traditional Arabic, font size 16 for the body text.
- Research papers written in English should be written in Times New Roman, font size 14 for the body text, and font size 12 for footnotes and references.
- The text should be written on only one side of the page with line spacing 1.5 cm and top, bottom, and side margins a minimum of 2.5 cm. Research papers should not exceed 50 pages, including references, appendices, and tables.
- Research pages should be serially numbered, including tables, shapes, and references. Tables, images, shapes, and drawings should be printed on separate pages, while specifying where in the body text they occur.
- All research papers should be presented with two abstracts, one in Arabic and one in English, with a maximum of 200 words for each abstract. Research papers should include keywords in Arabic and English, indicating their specialization in a maximum of 6 words. They should be placed at the end of each abstract.
- The researcher’s name, academic rank, employer, and address should be stated in Arabic and English immediately after the title of the research paper.
- All references, comments, and footnotes should be at the end of the research paper, and should reference the book title, the author's name, and the page of direct quotations. These references, comments, and footnotes should be serially arranged from the beginning of the research till the end, and should be done automatically, not manually.
- Sources and references should be written at the end of the research. They should be arranged alphabetically according to the author's full name, followed by the book or article title, the edition number, the publisher's name (if it is a book) or the journal's name (if it is an article), place of publication (if it is a book), and publishing date. If it is an article, then the issue number should be added, or the year, the issue, and the page numbers.
- Researchers will be given two electronic copies of the issue that includes their research.
Published materials express the opinions of the authors. Authors are responsible for the soundness of information and the accuracy of the conclusions. All copyright is reserved for the publisher (UQU). Once a research paper has been approved for publication, publication ownership is transferred from the author to the journal.
Invitation to Publish
The journal welcomes submissions from all scientific researchers whose research fields fall within its area of interest. It invites them to make a distinctive contribution to the production of knowledge in all its forms and trends. It also invites them to contribute to the development of research in line with current developments and technical progress, and in line with the university's objectives, mission, and vision, as well as the ambitions of the members of the editorial board and the advisory board.
How to Contact the Journal
All materials and enquiries are to be sent directly to the UQU Journal of Language Sciences and Literature’s editor in chief via the e-mail: [email protected], or to the University Journals Office at the e-mail: [email protected]
Matters related to the coordination of subscriptions are carried out by the Administration of the University Journals Office.
- Linguistic Studies Journal (King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies (KFCRIS), Riyadh).
- Ayn Journal (Saudi Association of Languages and Translation, Riyadh).
- The Jordanian Journal of Modern Languages and Literature (Yarmuk University, Jordan).
- Al-Lisaniyyat Journal (Scientific Research and Technology Center for Arabic Language Promotion, Algeria).
- The Jordanian Journal of Arabic Language and Literature (Mutah University, Jordan).
- Linguistic Sciences Journal (Cairo, Egypt).
- King Saud University Journal of Languages and Translation, Riyadh.
- Terminological Studies Journal (Institute of Terminological Studies, Fez, Morocco).
- Atlas International Journal for Studies and Research (Atlas Global Center for Studies and Research, Amman, Jordan).
- Journal of the Union of Arab Universities for Literature (Association of Arab Universities Journal for Arts, Yarmuk University, Irbid, Jordan).
- Al-Lisaniyyat Al Arabiyyah Journal (King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Center for the Arabic Language, Riyadh).