Formation of Defense Committee:
“Articles no. 53 and 54 of the unified bylaw for graduate studies at universities”:
A defense committee is formed with a decision made by the board of the Deanship of Graduate Studies, based on the recommendations of the boards of the concerned department and college.
- Masters students must pass all courses with a general grade of at least very good (if required by his program of study). PhD students must pass the comprehensive test, in addition to all the courses with a general grade of at least very good.
- It is a requirement for the master theses defense committees to include at least one professors or one associate professor.
- It is a requirement for the PhD theses defense committees to include at least one professor, and one member from outside UQU.
- The copies of the thesis are distributed on the members of the defense committee only after the approval of the Deanship of Graduate Studies and including the defense committee in the case study of the student.
- The duration of the thesis defense after the decision of the Deanship of Graduate Studies to approve the formation of the defense committee is two months for the Master's degree and three months for the doctoral degree, as a maximum.
- Students must follow up on the issues related to the reservation of the discussion hall, in accordance with the specific mechanism of each academic department.