The University Role Model Contest (Season 3)
1439 /1440 A.H., 2018/2019 A.C.
The idea of the contest is in line with the comprehensive vision of the Makkah Region, which is adopted by His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, the Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Emir of the Makkah Region. The vision is represented in the strategy of "Human Building and Place Development" under the theme (How to be a Role Model?) and the aim of which is to promote this strategy and achieve its goals. So, as part of the forum's activities, and following the success of the contest in its first and second editions, the University Role Model Contest starts in its third season to choose a boy and a girl from among the students who demonstrate the characteristics and accomplishments that render them role models for other university students.
- Creating a creative, stimulating and competitive environment among university students.
- Spreading the role models culture among the university students.
- Contributing to the promotion of confidence within the students.
3. Targeted Categories:
- The contest targets all regular full-time undergraduate students (in the senior year) in this academic year 1439-1440 A.H.
- The freshman students for this academic year 1439-1440 A.H. are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- A student who graduated in the first semester of the academic year 1439-1440 A.H. is not allowed to participate in the contest.
4. Stages and Conditions:
The contest shall be divided into two stages:
First Stage: At the Level of Colleges
- The first stage shall start on Sunday, 12 Safar 1440 A.H. and conclude on Thursday, 16 Jumada Al-Thani1440 A.H.
- Colleges shall announce the start of the contest and receipt of nominations through the electronic registration link. This is so that students can nominate themselves on the link not later than Thursday, 4 Jumada Al-Awwal 1440 A.H.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this phase according to five specific criteria and out of (1000) points.
- A tripartite committee shall be formed to select the student representing the college. The results shall be approved by the Dean of the College. In this regard, each UQU college shall organize a contest to nominate a boy and a girl to be named “Role Model of the College.”
- The college shall announce the final contest for the first stage. One out of five maximum candidate students shall be selected to compete for the (Role Model) title.Then, this candidate shall represent the college in the second phase at the university level. In this contest, and in max. 7 minutes, each applicant shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in the presence of the audience, a jury approved by the dean and a representative of the Student Affairs Deanship. This is based on the highest evaluation ratings according to specific criteria similar to the evaluation criteria in the second phase at the university level.
- Each college shall nominate two candidates from the male and female students (principal and reserve).
- If the principal candidate of the college apologizes for entering the second phase at the university level, the college is represented by the reserve candidate who acquires the (Role Model) title.
- Following the approval of the College Dean, the results of the contest (principal and reserve) shall be sent in a letter to the Dean of Student Affairs within the specified period. This shall be via Masar system (Attached to the letter shall be the Evaluation Form of the First Stage in addition to all the required attachments).
- No nomination shall be accepted from the colleges after the end of the period specified for the first phase of the contest.
- Students who have already won the "College Role Model" title in UQU Role Model Contests in the previous two seasons shall not be entitled to re-participate.
Second Stage: At the Level of UQU
- The Deanship of Student Affairs shall organize and announce the final contest among all College Role Models.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this phase according to five specific criteria and out of (200) points.
- A jury approved by the Deanship of Student Affairs shall be formed according to specific criteria.
- In max. 7 minutes, each candidate shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in the presence of the jury and the audience.
- Those who get the highest evaluation ratings in the second stage are nominated to be awarded the first three ranks at the level of UQU. This is applicable to male and female candidates.