An academic advisor is the person who advises guides the students during their studying journey. This, in turn, helps students to overcome the difficulties and problems that they may face during their academic life.
The responsibilities of the academic advisor can be summarized as follows:
- Raising the student's awareness of the rights and duties stipulated in the Unified Bylaw for Postgraduate Studies.
- Preparing the students to familiarize themselves with the university learning system.
- Directing the students to the correct information, educational policies, and study programs.
- Enhancing the students' academic achievements, assisting them to build their capabilities, and helping them to overcome the obstacles they encounter during their academic study.
- Alerting the students to the problem of academic failure, and how to avoid it.
- Providing advice and assistance to postgraduate students who face academic problems.
- Guiding and caring for students who have experienced academic failure, and following up their performance to improve their educational level.
- Supporting outstanding and talented students and motivating them, along with benefiting from their potentials and disseminating their creative contributions.