Department of Computer Sciences works in the general framework of the college and that of Umm Al-Qura University, which abides by teaching, learning, scientific education and their outcomes, and serving the local community as well as the Saudi community, as a whole. The Department aims to be a Saudi model in the field of computer science and research in the twenty-first century.
The vision can be summed in the following points:
Teaching, learning, and scientific research, at a high quality that keeps pace with international standards.
Priority should be given to the Saudi community, with regard to the outcomes of education, learning and scientific research.
Providing technical consultation and scientific research in the field of computer sciences to Saudi individuals, companies and factories.
Improvement of the level of scientific research and its infrastructure at the department.
The main objectives of the department include:
- Pursuing the development plan and goals of the Saudi Kingdom, which are represented in the Saudi Vision 2030 that was launched by His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, may Allah protect him. The department also asserts to abide by the programs of the colleges of computers in the Saudi universities.
- The department works hard to provide computer students for the labor market in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The department aims to prepare a generation of highly qualified Saudi students in the field of computer sciences who abide by the values of the Islamic law.
- Furthermore, the department seeks to graduate efficient students who will be able to keep pace with the increasing international development in the field of information technology and computer sciences. They will shoulder the responsibility of encountering challenges and building a developed community capable of keeping pace with advanced communities.
- All the academic staff at the department aim to prepare, qualify and support students to acquire skills and knowledge in computer sciences. They are also keen on graduating a generation of graduates capable of upgrading their scientific levels.
- Moreover, the department is eager to support the efforts exerted in preparing the students to take part in entrepreneurship in the field of software engineering and applications development, to benefit their local community and produce technical solutions for the challenges that the Saudi community face.
- The department also aims at keeping in line with the Saudi Vision 2030 and abiding by its principles, by conducting theoretical and applied research in the field of computer sciences to overcome the challenges that the Saudi community encounters.