The following are the most important objectives of the Lands and Properties Department:
- Monitor the lands of Umm Al-Qura University, safeguard them against any transgression and infringements, and represent the UQU before the relevant authorities.
- Report the UQU's needs for lands to the relevant authorities.
- Make an inventory of lands and properties of the UQU and their uses, and document them by harnessing the latest first-rate technology.
- Develop the UQU properties to enhance their value and increase investment opportunities, to realize the desired development of the university.
- Partake in the diversification of the UQU's revenue streams.
- Establish a reference database and a geographical information base for the UQU properties.
- Propose ways to preserve the properties of the university.