Thanks to God’s grace and the foresight of our Government, the kind approval of His Majesty the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz on establishing the Faculty of Computer, Umm Al-Qura University, in Al-Qunfudhah, was issued in 1432 Hijri. Since its establishment, there are incessant efforts by the University administration and the Faculty employees to have the faculty established according to the latest study plans and curricula in the world to graduate distinguished professional engineers and researchers.
Since then, work was set off and students were admitted in the academic year 1433/1434 Hijri.
The Faculty grants the Bachelor Degree in Computer Science to meet the labor market needs. The Department is equipped with the latest educational and laboratory equipments and the academic plans were drawn according to:
• Modern international technological advancements and labor market needs;
• ABET criteria; and
• NCAAA criteria.
So that our students are offered high-quality education that allows them to compete in the local and international labor market, and pave the way for them to start post graduate studies in prominent international universities.