The Department of Accounting at the University College in Al Jumum is a new-born division, however it grew up in between the arms of an ancient college, which is the University College in Makkah Al Mukarramah, which was founded in 1369 AH/1976 AD. The department includes a range of academic sections such as education, mathematics, Information, computers and others.
The college includes a wide range of scientific and management expertise in many areas of knowledge, which have had a leading role in laying the foundations for the establishment of the department of accounting. So, despite its juvenility, the department was saturated of accumulated experience in this prestigious college.
The department of accounting was established in the academic year 1432/1433 AH, by decisions number (15924) and (15925), of the president of the university, dated 17/06/1433 AH, giving effect to the sublime royal approval of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Prime Minister and Chairman of the Higher Education Council - may God protect him – to the resolution number (11/69/1433 AH) of the Council of Higher Education, dated 20/04/1433 of restructuring the University College in Makkah Al Mukarramah.
During the first year, the department started preparation and coding of the study plan, description of courses and getting approval to it by the Scientific Committee, and setting the time tables of the first semester of the year 1433/1434 AH. The leaders of the university has commended the completion of these measures in such a short time, and was therefore an indication of a desire among the department members in advancing the department to occupy a prominent status among the corresponding departments not only at the university, but also at the level of KSA universities.
The study at the department commenced at the beginning of the first semester of the academic year 1433/1434 AH at the University College building of Makkah Al Mukarramah in Al Azeezia pending the completion of the receipt of the building allocated in Al Jumum province, and on Monday 26th of Muharram 1434 AH, under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, and the honoree attendance of the university president Dr. Bakri bin M'atook Al-Assas, the new headquarters of the university college in Al Jumum province was inaugurated.