The Information Technology Unit was established in the General Department of Educational Services to facilitate work and coordination with the UQU technical sectors, to supervise all technical and administrative aspects related to computers and technical aspects within the department, to provide support and innovative solutions to the various sections of the department, and to help provide distinguished quality services. Moreover, the unit, which is affiliated to the Deputy Head of the Department of Educational Services, is considered one of the most important support entities in furthering the development processes of the department.
Duties of the Unit:
- Undertaking administrative and technical supervision of all the technical aspects of the Department of Educational Services.
- Providing technical consultation to different sectors of the department, and striving to develop the services offered to the beneficiaries.
- Employing modern techniques to serve all the internal sectors of the department.
- Supervising the authorities and applications used at the department and displayed on the department's website and social networks.
- Managing the department’s databases by coordinating with the relevant entities.
- Coordinating with the UQU deanships and centers in relation to the department's work.
- Preparing periodic reports and performance boards for the department and its different sectors.
- Preparing and developing the electronic services at the department, in cooperation with the concerned entities.
- Carrying out any tasks assigned by the higher administration.