Duties of the Information Technology Unit
- Carrying out maintenance for computers, networks and their accessories.
- Providing computers, printers, scanners and their accessories.
- Creating emails and activating them on the UQU Portal.
- Solving and operating internet networks on the computers.
- Providing toners for the academic and administrative departments.
- Submitting letters to the concerned authorities.
- Receiving orders for computers, printers and scanners from all departments of the college.
- Providing direct solutions for the users of the computers and computer accessories.
- Providing awareness for the academic staff members and employees on the preventive measures against viruses.
- Coordinating with the Vice Deanship of Information Technology on raising the level of the services provided for the college.
- Providing programs required by the different college departments, according to their availability.
- Installing and defining the terminal ends and printers in the colleges and departments.
- Receiving the devices from the Vice Deanship of Information Technology, and distributing them to the college departments.
- Providing proposals and discussing them directly with the vice dean and the specialists to solve device problems.
- Developing the college website.
- Supervising the college theater, operating sound units, and providing extra microphones. This is in addition to operating the TV Network in the theater and the projector, when needed.
- Fixing problems with TV screens in their different locations in the college.
- Providing headphones and wireless microphones for the events outside the theater.
- Providing temporary laptops when needed in the classrooms and on specific occasions by the departments.
- Providing spare parts for pubic maintenance.
- Operating remote communication when needed and when a meeting with parties outside the college has been requested.
- Installing and updating oracle programs on computers, and providing maintenance for them when they do not work.
- Providing information technology services to the different departments.
Information Technology Unit
Ms. Mona bint Omar Balkhadar