In order to support university students, the Deanship of Student Affairs, in partnership with the Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education at Umm Al-Qura University, will provide iPad tablets as a borrowing service for those who cannot follow the lectures in virtual classes, due to their inability to obtain a device that allows them to access the e-learning and learning management systems remotely.
The university hopes that those who have their own devices give the opportunity to those who need one.
Conditions for borrowing the device:
- The student must be a regular student at the university
- The student must have an urgent need to use the device. Needy families have priority in benefiting from this service
- The number of academic courses registered in the schedule of the male/female student during this semester must not be less than three courses
- The student should not be expected to graduate this semester
- The student is held responsible for any actions that are offensive to other people or violate general regulations or morals
- The device must be looked after well, and not destroyed. If it is not looked after properly, terms and conditions pertaining to this case will be applied
- Distribution shall depend on the results of the sorting process implemented by the supervisory committee, as well as the number of devices available
- The student must return the device to the Deanship of Student Affairs in a proper and intact condition at the end of the second semester 1441 A.H.
- The student must sign a handover document (a record of receipt and delivery) upon initial receipt and upon return of the device
- Any incorrect data shall be excluded, as data shall be reviewed in order to confirm their correctness
Students who meet the conditions stated above can fill out the form: click here