The sixth meeting of the Standing Committee for Training and Scholarships for the academic year 1438/1439H convened on Wednesday, Safar 26, 1439H under the chairmanship of the UQU Vice President for Postgraduate Studies and Research, Dr. Thamir bin Hamdan Al-Harbi, the meeting was attended by the Supervisor General of Scholarships, Dr. Ahmed bin Youssef Barqawi, and all other committee members.
The Director of Scholarships Department, the Secretary of the Committee, Mr. Wael Abdul-Raziq Shaldoom, stated that topics on the agenda were discussed, coming up with appropriate recommendations.
Recommendations were put forth concerning all topics on the agenda:
1. Number of persons whose scholarships grants were approved: 5 TAs and instructors
2. Number of persons whose grants were terminated: 2 persons
3. Number of persons on scholarships whose requests to change university were approved: 1 person
4. Number of persons recommended to change the university or discipline: 2 persons
5. Number of persons recommended to extend their scholarships to enroll in a Ph.D. program: 4 persons
6. Number of persons recommended to extend their scholarships to study language: 1 persons
7. Number of persons recommended to have their scholarships upgraded: 1 person
8. Number of persons recommended to have scientific trips: 1 person