UQU Role Model Contest (Season 3)
For Registration, click here
The contest’s idea arises coherently from the comprehensive vision of Makkah Region adopted by the Royal Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, the Advisor of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Emir of Makkah Region. The vision is represented in the strategy of (Human Building and Place Development), under the theme (How to be a Role Model?), which promotes and achieves its objectives. Therefore, and as a part of the forum’s activities and the success of the contest in its first and second edition, the “UQU Role Model Contest- Season 3” is launched to choose a boy and a girl from among UQU students with characteristics and accomplishments that render them role models at the level of UQU.
- Establishing a stimulating creative competitive environment among UQU students.
- Spreading the role model culture among UQU students.
- Contributing to the enhancement of confidence within students.
- Targeted Categories:
- The contest targets all UQU regular full-time undergraduate students in this academic year (1439-1440H).
- New students in this academic year (1439-1440H) are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- A student who graduated in the first semester of the academic year 1439-1440H is not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Stages and Conditions:
The contest shall be divided into two stages:
First stage; at the level of colleges:
- The first stage starts on Sunday, 12th Safar 1440H and concludes on Thursday, 16th Jumada II 1440H.
- Colleges shall announce the start of the contest and receipt of nominations through the electronic registration link. This is so that students can nominate themselves on the link not later than Thursday, 4th Jumada I 1440H.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this phase according to five specific criteria and out of (1000) points.
- A tripartite committee shall be formed to select the student representing the college. The results shall be approved by the Dean of the College. In this regard, each UQU college shall organize a contest to nominate a boy and a girl to be named “Role Model of the College.”
- The college shall announce the final contest for the first stage. One out of max. 5 candidate students shall be selected to compete for the (Role Model) title. Then, this candidate shall represent the college in the second phase at the university level. In this contest, and in max. 7 minutes, each applicant shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in the presence of the audience, a jury approved by the dean and a representative of the Student Affairs Deanship. This is based on the highest evaluation ratings according to specific criteria similar to the evaluation criteria in the second phase at the university level.
- Each college shall nominate two candidates from the male and female students (principal and reserve).
- If the principal candidate of the college apologizes for entering the second phase at the university level, the college is represented by the reserve candidate who acquires the (Role Model) title.
- Following the approval of the College Dean, the results of the contest (principal and reserve) shall be sent in a letter to the Dean of Student Affairs within the specified period. This shall be via Masar system (p.s. Attached to the letter shall be the Evaluation Form of the First Stage in addition to all the required attachments). College candidates’ files shall be submitted to the Deanship of Student Affairs no later than Tuesday, 16th Jumada II 1440H.
- No nomination shall be accepted from the colleges after the end of the period specified for the first phase of the contest.
- Students who have already been named "College Role Model" in UQU Role Model Contests 1 and 2 shall not be entitled to re-participate.
Second stage; at the level of UQU:
- The Deanship of Student Affairs shall organize and announce the final contest among all College Role Models.
- An attached Candidate Evaluation Form has been designed for this phase according to five specific criteria and out of (200) points.
- A jury approved by the Deanship of Student Affairs shall be formed according to specific criteria.
- In max. 7 minutes, each candidate shall give an introductory presentation on himself/herself and his/her achievements in the presence of the jury and the audience.
- Those who get the highest evaluation ratings in the second stage are nominated to be awarded the first three ranks at the level of UQU. This is applicable to male and female candidates.