The Vice-Deanship at Female Student Division participates in and completes all the Deanship's duties at the female student division. It takes part in the supervision over different units in coordination with corresponding vice-deanships.
Caring about the quality level of academic programs is considered an indispensable essential step to be taken for keeping pace with the new developments in the field of education.
This can be achieved through paying more attention to components of the educational system including the input, the operations, and the outcomes which comprise the administration, the faculty members, students, graduates, teaching methods and assessment, with a focus on students' achievement of the learning outcomes and their success in their educational results. This can be done through continuing self-assessment which can be performed regularly against referential standards in the targeted areas concerning effectiveness of the status-quo academic programs which need to be analyzed regularly and compared with ambitions of the institution with a view to identify the extent to which such programs fulfill these standards in different areas. Strengths and weaknesses in performance should be monitored.
The starting point of building and implementing strategic plans should be determined. Evidence should be provided to show that the educational results achieved by students practically fulfill the requirements of a number of educational areas (knowledge – skills of various kinds – competence) and generally describe the standards to be met in all these studies and areas. Therefore, the Deanship of University Development and Quality has sought under the guidance of the University Vice-Deanship for Academic Development and Community Service to enhance quality of the academic programs' performance by living up to the national and international academic accreditation as a way to improve the quality assurance procedures taken with respect to the academic programs adopted at Umm Al-Qura University.
We ask Allah to bless the University higher management's effort and support to meet the hoped quality standards and advance our prestigious University to join the ranks of the international top universities. With sincere wishes of success and excellence.
Female Vice-Dean for University Development and Quality
1. Enforce bylaws and regulations of the University and Ministry of Education at the female student division.
2. Set, execute and follow up strategic plan of the Deanship in the female student division.
3. Execute the University Council's decisions regarding the Deanship at the female student division.
4. Supervise management of the Deanship's academic, administrative and financial affairs at the female student division.
5. Develop the Deanship both administratively and academically at the female student division.
6. Coordinate and develop the Deanship's relations inside and outside the University at the female student division.
7. Supervise the provision of all the Deanship's administrative and financial requirements at the female student division.
8. Work on the development and enhancement of the Deanship's financial resources at the female student division.
9. Supervise the process of planning and preparing the Deanship's budget at the female student division.
10. Form the committees required for performing the Deanship's activities at the female student division.
11. Prepare a comprehensive regular report about work progress and academic and administrative performance of the Deanship and submit such report to the University Vice-Deanship for Academic Development and Community Service at the female student division.
12. Carry out any duties assigned to her by the Deanship Council at the female student division.
13. Represent the Deanship inside and outside the University at the female student division.
14. Make sure that the standards of quality and academic accreditation are fulfilled at the female student division.
15. Work on establishing strategic partnerships with educational institutions inside and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the female student division.
16. Supervise the process of attracting faculty members and experts in the field of quality and accreditation to the Deanship at the female student division.
17. Establish the concept of quality and promote the culture of it inside the University at the female student division.
18. Supervise the implementation of the program of quality and the national and international accreditation at the female student division of University.
19. Study the difficulties or problems which hinder the programs of development and quality at the University and suggest suitable solutions for the male the female student division.
20. Supervise training activities of the Deanship at the female student division.
21. Supervise the process of preparing a plan for developing skills of the Deanship's members including faculty members and employees at the female student division.
22. Supervise and follow up the process of developing and upgrading the facilities and equipment of the Deanship at the female student division.
23. Supervise the process of designing an organizational structure that can achieve the objectives and duties of the Deanship at the female student division.