Genetic Consultations and Examinations
Dr. Muhammad Tahir Muhammad Ali Tayeb
Towards a healthy society capable of addressing the spread of genetic disorders, common diseases and various cancers in society through:
- Genetic counseling for families and those with a family history of diseases, or newlyweds.
- Detection of pathogenic genes in women (before pregnancy, during pregnancy, after giving birth).
- Early intervention to detect the genes that cause these physiological disorders in women at the time of pregnancy and after giving birth.
- Identify cases of infertility in men and women and the genetic disorders that cause them, and provide counseling and alternative solutions.
This vision is based on the use of many molecular biology techniques, such as molecular genetics techniques, cellular genetics techniques, and gene therapy techniques, as well as genetic counseling sessions.
Genetic diagnosis for treatment of genetic disorders, common diseases and various cancers in society using molecular and cellular genetic techniques and genetic counseling.
- Focus on the individual: Provide genetic counseling to the individual and the family through a coordinated information network of services that ensures their involvement in decision making and treatment.
- Innovation: Adopt innovative and modern technologies, on an ongoing basis.
- Excellence: Look forward to achieving the highest standards of excellence and professionalism in providing services to patients and their families.
- Accountability and Transparency: We are responsible, in front of the patients and their families, for the confidentiality of their secrets, personal data and test results. We will not publish them in any scientific research or conference without their prior consent.
- Receive the approval of the Bioethics Committee at the UQU College of Medicine before undertaking any research involving these patients or their families.
- Diagnosis of genetic and contemporary diseases of the population of the Saudi Kingdom using modern molecular and cellular techniques.
- Assist in the early diagnosis of genetic diseases and various cancers.
- Reduce the incidence of genetic diseases and deaths by genetic diagnosis, and carry out early intervention with regard to genetic diseases and congenital defects, with the help of specialized physicians.
- Identify the most common genetic diseases in the kingdom using bioinformatics technology and developments of the Saudi Human Genome Program (SHGP)
- Understand the physiology of the most common genetic diseases in the community, to help find new ways of treatment.
- Improve the quality of the life of individuals and families affected by genetic diseases and congenital defects through genetic guidance for families.
- Enable patients and their families to make informed decisions about marriage between family members through primary educational means and programs.
- Conduct high-quality scientific research that can be published in international scientific journals specialized in genetics and genetic modification.
Scope of Work:
Provision of counseling services concerning the medical examination of genetic diseases.