The department intends to take the lead of the scientific researching and to present a true image about Islam, religions, factions and, doctrines according to the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the Consensus of the Muslim Nation "Ahl aS-Sunnah Wal-Jamāʻah".
It endeavors to teach and qualify highly skilled specialists in the fields of Aqidah, doctrines and theology as per the highest quality to meet needs of the community and protect it against ideological and intellectual deviations.
Degrees conferred by the department:
Objectives of the Bachelor Program
1. Getting students acquainted with the issues included in the authentic Islamic faith along with the clear-cut proofs quoted from the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah.
2. Having the students' critical and creative skills updated with the genuine essences of the Islamic faith and drawing the lessons from refuting doubtful thoughts.
3. Highlighting the advantages and characteristics of the Islamic faith as well as its importance for the human beings.
4. Conducting critical studies on various Islamic schools and branches to retort on their doctrines using a comparative analysis.
5. Introducing the science of religion (theology) along with its branches to the students and comparing Islam with all the other religions, underlining the importance of depending on the Holy Qur'an in reasoning with the people of the Book (the Christians and Jews).
6. Carrying out critical studies on the ancient, middle, modern and contemporary philosophy, human sciences and western theories of history.
7. Protecting the youth from any failure to adhere to Islam and keeping them immune from misleading trends, vain tendencies and contemporary intellectual schools of unjustifiable thoughts.
Objectives of the Master's Program:
1. Providing necessary training on writing scientific researches and preparing theses.
2. Fostering the spirit of conservation and admiration of the Islamic heritage as well as manifesting its considerable value. In addition, it boosts the scientific methodology of heritage investigation and publishing, making manuscripts available for free accessibility.
3. Developing a scientific methodology and encouraging constructive and positive criticism.
4. Putting emphasis on the Islamic teachings including the unity, inhibiting divisions and differences and/or warning against what triggers them out.
5. Laying foundations of our belief according to the genuine essences of Islam and what happens in case of failure to do so.
6. Getting students aware of the dogmatic and methodological deviation in the Muslim factions' believes and ideologies as well as those who are related to Islam.
7. Looking into and criticizing philosophers' opinions.
Bachelor program's conditions of admission:
The conditions specified in the regulations of new student admission also apply, including Articles (2, 3 and 4) and the operational rules as well as the university testing and Umm Al-Qura University's rules.
Master's Program conditions of admission:
They are the same conditions specified by the department's regulations in: (Chapter five) The Admission and Registration stated in Articles no. 12, 13 and 15 and their operational rules which are stipulated in the postgraduate studies unified regulations of Saudi Arabia Universities, provided that the bachelor's degree is a religious specialization even it was not specialized in Islamic Theology (Aqidah).
Ph.D Program's conditions of admission: