Genetic Diagnostic Consultation
Dr. Nidaa bin Mustafa Bogari
To be an expertise office offering early and advanced genetic diagnostic services by members specialized in medical genetics at the College of Medicine at Umm Al-Qura University. This office is concerned with the provision of assistance in the tests and diagnosis that contribute to the examinations in order to prescribe the appropriate medication and follow-up of the patient's condition. In addition, it helps the patients and those concerned with the field of genetic diseases, and works to provide consultations to interested specialists and patients.
Provision of featured services in the examinations and consultations related to genetic diseases.
- To improve the lives of individuals through the provision of comprehensive services to patients afflicted with genetic diseases.
- To provide genetic consultations to patients likely to be afflicted with a genetic disease.
- Provide genetic consultations to specialists of genetic diseases and patients' families.
- Provide the genetic tests required.
- Improve the quality of life of genetic disease patients and their families by providing them with amenities.
- Conduct scientific research for genetic diseases to shed light on their causes and methods of prevention.
- Decrease the spread of genetic diseases and minimize their transfer to the next generations.
- Gene mapping.
- Analysis of reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rtPCR) to detect any mutations that cause genetic diseases.
- Conduct tests to find out if the patient suffers from a genetic disease through detecting the mutations causing it or to determine if the patients has a specific genetic mutation.
- Conduct the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) (Ion Proton Next Generation Sequencing). It is used to determine any simple change that occurs to the DNA which may cause a genetic disease or a specific disease condition.
- To develop the academic and research personnel and keep pace with the tremendous scientific development.
- To provide genetic consulting services.
- To provide direct and indirect contributions to the service of the Makkan community.
- To assist in the diagnosis of genetic diseases and contribute to limiting their spread.
Scope of Work:
Provision of consulting services in the diagnosis of genetic diseases.