Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences Program is one of the programs of the College of Applied Medical Sciences and one of the modern branches of medicine, which relies on understanding and analyzing body movement and dealing with the accompanying diseases, by using the strength of the hand in examination, diagnosis and treatment through employing Physiotherapy techniques.
The student graduates from the Program with the Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences after completing four academic years followed by one year of practical training (internship year). The students studies the academic courses in English.
To provide a high intellectual challenging physiotherapy education, that based on utilizing appropriate, modern and advanced methods of teaching and learning for providing knowledgeable, competent and skilled physiotherapist, who able to apply a new advanced methods of prevention, assessments and rehabilitation for different physical disabilities to meet the current and future society needs and advance the profession through excellence in research based on Islamic values and believes.
To be a distinct and competent academic and research Physiotherapy center, nationally as well as regionally and classified internationally, in the medical rehabilitation field.
- Complying with the traditions of Islam;
- Achieving excellence in education, practice and research;
- Achieving quality, outstanding and continuous improvement of performance;
- Life-long learning;
- Team work and enhancing the culture of team work;
- Respecting and appreciating differences;
- Mutual respect;
- Collective responsibility;
- Care, compassion and sympathy in providing services to patients;
- Integrity and honesty.
- Achieving national and international accreditation.
- Graduating distinguished physiotherapists who are distinguished by knowledge, skills, and the ability to think creatively, as well as distinguished in the fields of disabilities and rehabilitation.
- Preparing and qualifying male and female graduates for them to not only perform their professional role in patient care, but also play a pioneering role in the physiotherapy profession, contributing to its growth and taking part in meeting the needs of society in terms of health care.
- Persevering and pursuing continuous academic and professional development through permanent evaluation, continuous learning, and benefiting from feedback, experiences and opinions of others.
- Taking on social and professional responsibilities by contributing with guidance, counseling, and advice, as well as offering effective and free participation in the activities of professional and community organizations.
- Contributing to community services by promoting specialized projects that participate in solving national health problems.
- Contributing to the advancement of health care services through participation in national projects to raise the efficiency of health care.
- Promoting the field of applied research and encouraging scientific publications in the field of physiotherapy in international journals and periodicals.