Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences Program:
It is one of the programs of the College of Applied Medical Sciences and one of the modern branches of medicine, which relies on understanding and analyzing body movement and dealing with the accompanying diseases, by using the strength of the hand in examination, diagnosis and treatment through employing Physiotherapy techniques.
The student graduates from the Program with the Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences after completing four academic years followed by one year of practical training (internship year). The students studies the academic courses in English.
The number of students in the sophomore year is 40 students; it is 36 students in the junior year, 34 students in the senior year and 40 students in the internship year. The number of the teaching staff members is 10 members and assistant members are 11 members.
To provide a high intellectual challenging physiotherapy education, that based on utilizing appropriate, modern and advanced methods of teaching and learning for providing knowledgeable, competent and skilled physiotherapist, who able to apply a new advanced methods of prevention, assessments and rehabilitation for different physical disabilities to meet the current and future society needs and advance the profession through excellence in research based on Islamic values and believes.
To be a distinct and competent academic and research Physiotherapy center, nationally as well as regionally and classified internationally, in the medical rehabilitation field.
- Complying with the traditions of Islam;
- Achieving excellence in education, practice and research;
- Achieving quality, outstanding and continuous improvement of performance;
- Life-long learning;
- Team work and enhancing the culture of team work;
- Respecting and appreciating differences;
- Mutual respect;
- Collective responsibility;
- Care, compassion and sympathy in providing services to patients;
- Integrity and honesty.
- To achieve national and international academic accreditation.
- To adopt the optimal investment of the university resources.
- To monitor the job market for new medical specialties in order to provide the required cadre.
- To prepare graduates to pursue higher studies in their respective fields.
- To prepare graduates for lifelong learning (i.e. continuous education, self-development, carrier development), and contribution to the community.
- To collaborate with other medical science colleges to advance medical education in our faculty, and in the region.
- To organize local symposia and GCC or international conferences to enhance medical education and profession.
- To achieve a regionally and internationally recognized role in medical education, research and health services.
- To position the faculty to take a leading role in identifying pilgrims' medical difficulties and to provide the optimal health care solutions and consultations to develop the pilgrim’s health services.
- To participate in developing the strategic plans for medical education in the kingdom.