(Guidelines for Master's & Ph.D Research Proposal)
First: Title page: The title page shall include:
- Name of the university
- Name of the college
- Name of the department
- Title of the research proposal
Proceeded by (Research Proposal):
- Student name
Scientific rank and no.
Second: Body of the proposal:
Introduction that cover:
A. Importance of the topic
(Basmala - Thanks to Allah - Peace be Upon Prophet Muhammad - a summary for the proposal's idea)
B. Why did you chosen this topic?
C. Previous studies and researches
D. Research limitation
E. Research Approach
F. Research Plan (Outline, for details look "Third")
G. Student name, signature and instructor's name and signature
The student proposes (a proposal that accept modification according to the research needs)
Third: Research Proposal:
- The research shall be written in the following order:
(Introduction - includes all what has been mentioned in the plan about the importance of the topic of study, reason, previous studies, limitation, approach and finally a preface if needed)
- It shall be ordered according to its size; sections, parts, chapters according to the size of each one.
(The part shall be followed by a section then chapters, topics, theme and questions)
Indices shall be ordered according to the research content that may include:
- Index for Quran Phrases
- Index for Hadith (Prophetic Sayings)
- Index for Traditions
- Index for Jurisprudence Rules and Regulations
- Index for Strange Words
- Index for Places
- Index for Animals and Birds
- Index for Plants
- Index for Sources and References
- Index for Topics
Fourth: - General instructions:
- In case the Proposal's topic was book study:
- The credit shall be given to the book author.
- The book's copy shall be described.
- A photocopy of the back and front covers shall be attached.
- A title shall be added for every (introduction, section, part, chapter, topic or question)
- The text shall be free of redundancy, style, spelling mistakes.
- It is better to attach a list of sources and reference to the proposal.
- An index for previous studies shall be attached.
- Some applied researches should include examples of applied studies.
- The proposal attachments shall include: acknowledgment that the topic was never registered at national universities such as: Shari'ah Department at Umm Al-Qura University (UQU), the Islamic University, Shari'ah College and the Higher Judicial Institute at Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University, King Saud University, King Khalid University, King Abdulaziz University and King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies.