The Deanship of Scientific Research, represented by the Vice Deanship of Research Volunteering and Voluntary Research, held a workshop to discuss the ideas of the research projects in volunteering. It was attended by researchers who presented a number of research ideas in the voluntary projects that was announced on Sunday, Rabi’ II 20, 1439H.
Dr. Somiah Bint Ezzat Bin Sharaf Sharaf, the Vice Deanship of Research Volunteering and Voluntary Research, started the workshop by introducing the vision, mission and duties of the Vice Deanship, in addition the working units in it. She also presented the voluntary research statistics of the Vice Deanships and research centers in the Deanship during the current academic year.
Then, she presented full statistics about the research ideas presented and the acceptable requirements for them, in addition to the objectives that should be connected to those ideas to empower the voluntary work in the light of the Saudi Arabian Kingdom Vision 2030.
That was followed by presentation and discussion for a number of research ideas by researchers or deputies. The workshop ended by a presentation for a number of recommendation, most importantly the following:
• Excluding the research ideas that have no relation to the volunteering topic.
• Amending the topic of some research proposals in a way that achieves the announced scientific research objectives in volunteering.
• Amending the summary of the research proposals in conformity with the announced admission determinants for the voluntary research projects ideas,
• Re-drafting the content of some ideas to serve the empowering of the voluntary work as per the Kingdom Vision 2030 and to show their connection to volunteering.
• Mergeability of more than one idea for one researcher, with a consideration to the announced objectives and determinants.
* Mergeability of more than one idea for a group of researchers, with a consideration to the announced objectives and determinants.
* Application for the voluntary scholarship for the research ideas that are matching the announced objectives and determinants will be available in the due time.