The Vice Dean Office for Postgraduate Affairs and Scientific Research at the College of Applied Sciences in Umm Al-Qura University supervises the scientific research affairs at the College in all the departments. It plays an effective and tangible role in organizing and supporting the departments to implement graduation researches of all the College students, to obtain the funding for research and encourage publishing the researches done by the teaching staff members.
The other part of the College work is the postgraduate studies and the Vice Dean Office currently participates with the departments for innovating the proper departments which can attract the students to the postgraduate studies, which are required for the society and the labor market. Later on, the Vice Dean Office will follow up serving them starting by receiving them to join the program and ending by admitting them to the academic degrees.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Vice Dean for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research:
• To develop collaboration between the College and the University in all that is related to the teaching staff members and their research achievements.
• To continuously supervise and follow up any updates received by the College and the University with regard to the studies, conferences, symposiums, scientific forums and workshops, and keep the departments up to date about them.
• To furnish the departments with the administrative and academic regulations required for each of the following transactions, received from the Office of the Vice Dean for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research.
• To prepare the transactions which are issued by the College to the University and ensure and check they are complete and correct as per the required administrative and academic procedures and regulations for each of the following transactions:
o Conferences and symposiums attendance forms;
o Reports of finishing a scientific mission;
o Plans of joint or subsidized researches;
o Applications for academic promotions;
o Applications of leave for scientific research purpose;
• To coordinate and follow up students research at the College;
• To open channels with the research entities outside the University.
• To coordinate and arrange for opening new horizons in the College such as post-graduate studies.
• To utilize the fields of scientific research for serving the society.