Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs:
The Vice-Dean of the College for Academic Affairs is a staff member charged with the supervision of the students’ educational process in the university studies stage. He is also responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives set for the approved policies and programs in the domains of student affairs and assisting educational services. He is affiliated with the Dean of the College and is a member of the College Council.
Tasks of the Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs:
- Administrative supervision of the units of academic affairs.
- Supervision of the preparation of student schedules.
- Supervision of progress of final examinations and the formation of their committees.
- Supervision of the application of admission and conversion controls.
- Supervision of the work of the Student Affairs Committee and the student extra-curricular activities committees.
- To chair the committees of the Vice-Deanship, and report to the concerned authorities.
- Supervision of the process of equivalent courses.
- Supervision of the requests for postponement and apology for study, as well as deletions and additions.
- Supervision of the preparation of deprivation and graduates lists.
- Supervision of the College’s Introductory Week.
- Guidance of students and solution of issues related to academic achievement.
Units affiliated with the Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs:
• Secretariat of the College Council:
It is concerned with defining the agenda and topics to be included in meetings. It is also responsible for following up the implementation of decrees issued by the College Council, and saving all minutes of meetings electronically.
• Student Affairs Unit:
This unit is specialized in the preparation of study schedules and organization of the registration, deletion and addition of the different courses of the College.
• Students Rights Unit:
This unit is specialized in supporting the rights of students on bases consistent with the laws and regulations applied at the University. It also aims to develop a justice culture among students, provide them with the necessary advice, and to familiarize them with their university rights to obtain them through regular channels.
• Tests Unit:
This unit is specialized in organizing test committees, distributing observers at the time of the test, receiving test papers from other colleges, in addition to quizzes and alternative tests.
• Students Activities Unit:
This unit is specialized in organizing extra-curricular activities in the College. This is through communication with students, participation in their activities such as trips, theaters, internal and external cultural competitions, organization of exhibitions inside the College, and the Blood Donation Week.
• Guidance Unit:
This unit is specialized in receiving and directing new students, introducing them to the College and its various departments, and preparing them for study and university life. It is also concerned with instructing and advising students academically, psychologically, socially and scientifically. Moreover, it pays attention to students who suffer from poor academic achievement and others who are talented, and the study of cases that require financial support from the Student Fund.