College of Arabic Language
The Department of Arabic was established in 1962 as an independent department at the College of Education before it was joined to the College of Shari'a in 1965. Graduate Studies were introduced to the department in 1973 and the College of Arabic Language was created by a royal decree in 1981.
The College includes the following departments:
1. Department of Arabic Language and Grammar.
2. Department of Rhetoric and Criticism.
3. Department of Literature.
4. Department of the Languages of Islamic Societies.
5. Department of Graduate Studies.
The College offers the Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. Degrees in all the above-mentioned disciplines, except for the Department of the Languages of Islamic Societies which offers the Bachelors degree only.
Bachelors Degree Requirements:
The Bachelors degree normally takes four years of full-time study (eight semesters), and each department requires successful fulfillment of a certain number of credit hours as follows:
1. Department of Arabic Language and Grammar: (145) credit hours.
2. Department of Literature: (144) credit hours.
3. Department of Rhetoric and Criticism: (143) credit hours.
4. Department of the Languages of Islamic Societies: (136) credit hours.
College of Arabic Language,
Umm Al-Qura University, P.O Box: (7015) Makkah.
Telephone Number: (02) 5281212 Fax: (02) 5281212