College of Education for Girls in Al Leith
Founded in: 1422 A.H
After prior instructions by the late King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, then by King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz and His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, the KSA took special interest in enhancing education in line with the wise educational policy that promoted Saudi education according to the targets that features the composition, capacities and energies of the Saudi society. The educational policy also aims at finding the best ways for preparing girls to undertake their responsibilities in consideration of healthy conceptions and proper knowledge in addition to giving those willing education opportunities in different fields in relation to their abilities in order to obtain university degrees available for girls.
Consequently, in 1399 A.H., the general presidency for girls' education opened intermediate colleges by virtue of a letter by His Royal Highness Minister of Defense and Inspector General, and deputy director of the High Political Committee for Education and pursuant to decision No. 71 dated Rabi II 28th, 1399 A.H. and No. 84 dated Jumada II 13th, 1399 A.H. The decisions comprised approving the foundation of intermediate colleges at a number of Saudi cities in Al Leith governorate. The colleges adhered to the girls' education administration in Al Lith.