Objectives of the University Security and Safety Department:
- Creating and applying a fully-fledged system for security at the university, and constantly working on developing it.
- Coordinating with the authorities concerned with security within and outside the university.
- Maintaining public security within the campus.
- Keeping order and promoting discipline within the university.
- Developing methods and techniques of dealing with the public.
- Qualifying the security personnel.
- Raising awareness of the members of the university, and familiarizing them with the preventive procedures they can take in the event of emergencies and public disasters.
- Studying, advancing and modernizing the security systems in the university buildings and utilities, according to the periodical updates.
- Providing a safe environment for all the members of the university: academic staff members, employees, students, and visitors.
Tasks of the University Security and Safe Department
- Protecting people and properties within the University, observing order and increasing discipline at the University
- Managing all the security processes at the University, working on averting accidents and handling them when taking place and minimizing their losses
- Regulating and monitoring the University entries and exits and its other facilities; and making sure the identity of the people frequenting the University if need be
- Guarding and protecting the buildings for preventing them from getting vandalized or getting their contents stolen, and taking all security measures guaranteeing their safety and those working in them
- Taking out entry warrants for the University, its parking lots and buildings as far as the individuals or vehicles are concerned
- Supervising the traffic flow, regulating parks and issuing traffic fines with the rules regulating that observed
- Preparing guarding shifts at the University during working days, weekends and official holidays
- Taking part in organizing occasions and event at the University in collaboration with the relevant departments