Umm Al-Qura University
Security and Safety Unit
- Ms. Azizah Al-Sharif
- Ms. Jihan Al-Harbi
Objectives and Tasks of the Unit:
- Maintaining safety and security within the different facilities by following safety rules and guidelines.
- Creating a safe environment for the university staff and students.
- Forming a security and safety committee at the university to discuss all aspects related to the unit.
- Implementing the highest international standards in the field of security and safety within the educational institution.
- Forming a special emergency and evacuation committee trained in evacuation and rescue techniques on campus.
- Implementing a rapid response system in the event of the occurrence of disasters and crises on the campus.
- Acquiring knowledge of the building's graphic design in terms of defining emergency exits, supplying equipment for them, and ensuring that they are not closed or hindered by obstacles.
- Placing signboards inside each lecture room showing the nearest emergency exits.
- Conducting periodic tours inside the campus to ensure the safety equipment is in good working order.
- Maintaining security and safety throughout the day using sophisticated surveillance devices.
- Using the latest security and safety technologies.
- Serving as a coordinating unit with the higher authorities in the university concerning new updates related to security and safety.
- Conducting training courses on how to use safety tools and fire extinguishers, in coordination with the Civil Defense Agency.
- Training the university students and staff on how to vacate a university building and gather at the assembly point, and conducting periodic experimental evacuations.
- Holding activities and events on safety and security in coordination with supervisors of extracurricular activities at the college.