- Training and Information Awareness.
- Reference Service.
- Registering details of new beneficiaries.
- Loaning items.
- Returning items.
- Arranging restored items in shelving carts.
- Preparing the beneficiary disclaimer.
- Redeeming personal items, according to their types.
- Sealing the beneficiary’s disclaimer form.
Training and Information Awareness:
- Planning and scheduling training courses for the beneficiaries, especially in the field of searching the library's index or the available information database.
- Creating guiding illustrations for the procedures and processes inside the library.
- Holding courses on the systems applied in the library, such as those related to circulation, indexing, and research.
- Receiving and responding to inquiries sent by the beneficiaries.
- Assisting the beneficiary by accurately explaining the references he needs and how to find information related to the research topic.
- Identifying information sources (traditional and digital) that can be referred to in order to reply to the query of the beneficiaries.
- Collecting and classifying the information items retrieved by the beneficiaries.
- Reshelving the books in the correct places, according to classification number.
- Guiding the beneficiaries to the places of books on the shelves, according to classification numbers.
- Referring items that need restoration and rebinding to the university, for the necessary procedures to be taken.
Indexing and classification:
- Classifying the items not listed in the circulation system.
- Downloading and copying the bibliographical versions on the automatic system, followed by indexing.
- Setting up call numbers.
- Reviewing the number of copies and folders.
- Making sure of the type of the periodical (arabic book, master's thesis, or electronic book).
- Validating the barcode.
- Checking the condition of the item and its correct position.
- Checking the entry of the source of the item and its price.
- Scanning the item with the barcode reader.
- Printing the item's spine.
- Affixing the item's spine tag.
- Attaching the protective sticker to the item's spine.
- Changing and renewing old spines.