Duties of the Department Head
Administrative and Financial Affairs:
- To head the department, supervise the organization of its affairs, call upon relevant individuals to attend its sessions, implement its decisions, and send the minutes of its sessions to the college dean.
- To achieve the goals and policies of the university.
- To implement the College Board’s decisions relating to the department.
- To supervise the preparation of the strategic plan of the department and follow up its implementation.
- To supervise the management of the department’s educational, research, administrative, financial, and cultural affairs.
- To supervise the development of the department academically, as well as in terms of administration and research.
- To coordinate and develop the department’s relationships both within UQU and outside it.
- To supervise the provision of the department’s educational, research, administrative, financial, and cultural needs.
- To supervise the enhancement of the quality level and the development of its outputs.
- To implement and follow up the decisions of the College Board.
- To utilize the powers granted to him by the college dean.
- To inform the college dean of any issues caused by a faculty member or anyone who commits violations or fails to carry out their duties.
- To present a report about the situation of graduate studies at the department to the college dean and the dean of graduate studies at the end of each academic year.
- To present a complete report to the College Board about the scientific journey of a scholar, if it is inside the Kingdom and under the supervision of the department.
- To supervise the educational process, the implementation of its plans, and the development of its academic programs in the department.
- To implement the regulations of quality, academic accreditation, and evaluation.
- To supervise the various student activities in the department.
- To monitor exams and control the system within the department.
- To supervise the academic development process of the department’s programs.
- To prepare a comprehensive annual report about the educational process, and the academic, administrative, and research performance, then submit it to the college dean.
- To supervise the recruitment of department faculty members.
- To recommend a faculty member different from the faculty member teaching the curriculum to prepare the questions of the final exam when needed.
Powers of the Department Head
- Recommending that correcting the final exams will be done by a faculty member other than the member who teaches the curriculum, or that one or more specialists will help the faculty member with this.
- Approving the transcripts.
- Issuing the internal decisions required by the proper functioning of the department in accordance with the regulations.
- Distributing the lectures of the faculty members.
- Recommending the payment of tuition allowance to faculty members.
- Preparing reports on the performance of faculty members.
- Recommending the payment of an overtime allowance for the department’s affiliates.
- Assigning the overtime work for the department’s affiliates.
- Recommending the attendance of the department staff training courses inside and outside the university.
- Coordinating with the Scholarship and Training Committee in following up the status of students and trainees.
- Recommending contract extension of Saudi faculty members after the end of their service.
- Recommending contracts with Saudi faculty members after their extension period ends.
- Recommending the termination of non-Saudi faculty members’ contracts.