The Department of Construction Engineering was established in the academic year 1432/1433h at the Engineering College in Al-Qunfudhah pursuant to a royal decree and the support of HE the president of the university to meet the growing needs for construction engineers given that the construction sector is fastest growing sector in the Kingdom. The study plan of the department has been built in line with the latest scientific requirements and requirements of the local and international accreditation commissions. The work areas of the department graduates include: cost estimation, testing, supervision, management and planning, contracts, municipalities, construction project in the public and private sectors.
The department endeavors to provide an overall quality education at the most recent level to graduate qualified construction engineers with the needed theoretical and practical skills to practice construction engineering and management efficiently, so as to contribute to the development of their community and meeting the needs of the labor market.
- Continued working
- Teamwork spirit
- Prioritizing the public interest
- Adherence to profession ethics
- Academic freedom and modernization
- Justice and Equality.
Objectives of the Department:
- To graduate efficient and qualified engineers equipped with basics of knowledge and skills in the field of construction engineering to undertake planning, designing, completing, operating and maintaining of different construction projects.
- To develop students capabilities related to creative thinking, logic analysis and practice of engineering methods to solve problems and then to graduate construction engineers capable to compete in the local and international labor market.
- To develop students skills related to planning, designing, implementing and supervision.
- To keep pace with the latest developments in conducting scientific and applied researches and studies and providing training and consultation services in the construction engineering to serve the community.
- To exchange expertise with the relevant educational and industrial institutions, locally and internationally.