Umm Al-Qura University
Contact and Communication Unit
Duties of the Unit:
- Identifying a public relation coordinator in each college and department to communicate with him regarding the activities of his department.
- A special email address for the public relations department was set up, and circulated to all colleges and officials for communication.
- An integrated database was established for all the university employees including their job titles, for communication purposes.
- An SMS service was created for all university employees to send news, decisions, instructions, greetings, invitations, meeting dates and any event coverage inside the university.
- Contributing to providing information about the university for the e-portal.
- Providing integrated information and statistics about the university, and making this information available for everyone.
- Communicating with all deanships and departments, and providing them with services as well as the needs falling within the role of public relations.
- Photos of the wise leadership were provided to the offices of all the university officials.
- Different sized flags of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the university were provided to the offices of all the university officials.
- Developing relations, strengthening communication links, boosting partnerships and cooperation between the university and all the government bodies, private sectors, organizations, companies and other educational institutions by exchanging visits and services.
- Creating an integrated database including: address lists, and telephone numbers of the officials in the ministries, universities, governorates and government departments for communication purposes.
- Delivering all the university publications to government bodies and senior officials.
- Monitoring public and private events related to individuals as well as public and private bodies, preparing cable greeting cards, invitations and condolences, and responding to those received this way.
- Sending mobile congratulation SMS to all the university staff and the senior officials on national occasions and Eids.
- Undertaking the responsibility of receiving the visitors, providing guidance, counseling and information services, and providing them with all university publications and any forms they may require.
- Receiving inquiries, suggestions and remarks, and submitting them to the responsible bodies in the university.
- Submitting the suggestions related to the visitors as well as their remarks to the officials in the university.