“Ceremonies” refers to the group of procedures and etiquette applied at official or unofficial events in which a group of persons with officially recognized titles is gathered. Ceremonies usually involve well-established habits and customs. The unit is the body responsible for organizing the mechanisms for receiving distinguished visitors and VIPs who visit the university by organizing customary ceremonies and receptions to display the good decorum of the university and those in charge of it. The unit is also responsible for organizing all events and activities inside and outside the university and the reception of His Excellency the President of the University in the different vice presidents' offices, deanships, and colleges.
Establishing a communication channel between the university and its people, maintaining good ties with them, organizing ways of receiving distinguished visitors and VIPs who visit the university by offering customary ceremonies and receptions in a way that displays the welcoming face of the university and those working in it.
1. Abiding by the bylaws, regulations, and instructions, and being aware of the duties and responsibilities inside the university.
2. Participating in all the teamwork undertaken inside the university.
3. Cooperating with all departments to achieve public interest.
4. Coordinating with the University President's Office in receiving and entertaining his guests and offering a good reception.
5. Coordinating His Excellency the President of the University's external visits with those in charge and arranging to accompany him.
6. Preparing programs for visits, and distributing them to the relevant bodies.
7. Drawing up the annual plan for all ceremonies and events that take place inside and outside the university in which the university participates, and developing the required visions for every event.
8. Unifying the external participation of colleges and deanships on behalf of the university, under the auspices and supervision of the Public Relations and Media Department.
9. Providing the department's needs with regard to tools, equipment, and supplies for all occasions.
10. Forming a homogeneous team specialized in organizing events at the university, including celebrations, seminars, lectures, conferences, exhibitions, and distributing tasks among them.
11. Observing quality in organization, precision in preparations, and good treatment of everyone.
12. Receiving and accommodating the university's visitors and guests, accompanying them inside the university, introducing them to the colleges and deanships, and providing them with information, data, and pamphlets that point out the different activities of the university.
13. Accompanying delegates, committees, and teams during their tours and visits to the colleges, and different departments of the university.
14. Preparing and providing souvenirs and the university's three-dimensional logos to be presented to guests and visitors.
15. Regularly observing the appearance of the facilities of the university, noting if there are any needed repairs, and informing those in charge about them.
16. Offering a good reception and kind treatment to give visitors a good impression of the university.
17. Preparing a database about bodies offering services to the university.
18. Receiving and finishing the transactions of external discussants of theses at the university.
19. Receiving new teaching staff, who have just contracted with the university, and helping them to complete their procedures.
20. All members of the Ceremony and Reception Unit and the Events and Activities Unit should participate together in receiving guests at different events, because their work is correlated; the work of each one of them completes the work of the other. This is in order to give university guests a good impression of the university.
21. Following up telegrams, letters, and official invitations sent to relevant bodies for different ceremonies.
22. Participating in preparing the annual report about the university's activities.