The Joint First Year Deanship is an academic integrated program which is supported by the UQU Vice Presidency for Educational Affairs. It aims to empower students with basic skills needed for studying at university.
The duties of the vice deanship include the following:
- Providing students with various skills that will help them, Allah willing, to succeed and excel in their academic studies and careers.
- Determining the student's ability through his performance in the Joint First Year Deanship, and choosing the most suitable college for him, according to the standards of the different colleges.
- Improving input level for the participating colleges in the Joint First Year Deanship.
- Improving the educational environment, seeking academic quality, and using modern techniques in teaching.
- Developing students' creativity and innovation.
- Contributing to the improvement of university outputs.
- Introducing students to an electronic interaction environment by providing education using digital curricula that complies with the standards of international computer companies.