Student Activities and Programs Unit is part of the Vice Deanship for Educational Affairs. It is concerned with carrying out cultural, social, artistic, technical, and sports activities in a way that suits all students, and provides them with a comfortable environment that helps them to adapt to the university and community life.
- Informing students at the deanship about the characteristics of the community, and endorsing the role of university students in achieving ideal goals for the benefit of their community and nation.
- Preparing students well, intellectually, physically and socially, by engaging in activities in different fields.
- Improving the university students' ability to read and comprehend, and opening avenues of knowledge before them in order not to confine their knowledge to books in their specialization, but to extend it to include lectures, symposiums, research, competitions, arts and the university theater productions, according to the values and traditions of our Muslim community.
- Helping university students to adapt to others in the groups they belong to. Such adaptation helps students build good relations with their colleagues and develop humane behavior, a matter which enhances human relations among students through collective cooperation during their university life.
- Satisfying the desires and wishes of the university students through certain practices that are educationally and pedagogically oriented, and making use of the university sports facilities.
- Spreading the awareness and culture of sports, and knowledge about health matters among the students of the Joint First Year.
- Participating in building the student's character, and promoting national belonging.
Functions of the Student Activities and Programs Unit include the following:
- Enforcement of bylaws, decrees, and regulations pertaining to student activities in the deanship.
- Facilitating external communication to carry out different student activities.
- Activating the student's role inside the deanship through the student activities.
- Coordinating the work of different activity committees.
- Encouraging students to participate in student activities in order to develop their skills and talents, and helping them enrich the skills of communicating with the outside world.
Unit Supervisor: Dr. Usamah Salim
Email: [email protected]