The Department of Pharmaceutics seeks excellence locally and internationally in both teaching and research in the domain of pharmaceuticals through:
- Provision of high quality education at the university level.
- Excellence in scientific research in the domains of pharmaceutics and industrial pharmacy.
- Contribution to the development of the pharmaceutical industry at the local and regional levels.
The Department of Pharmaceutics aims to:
- Improvement of the educational process in order to keep pace with the rapid development in such domain.
- Preparation of pharmacists with various skills in the formulation, evaluation and manufacture of various forms of pharmaceutical dosages and advanced systems to provide high quality medicines.
- Reinforcement of research work in solving industrial problems and developing pharmaceutical products in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The objectives of the Department of Pharmaceutics are represented in:
- Improvement of the educational process to cope with the rapid development of such domain.
- Preparation of pharmacists with diverse skills in the domain of compounding, evaluating and manufacturing various pharmaceutical forms.
- Focus on transitional research in order to solve various problems facing the pharmaceutical industry in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.