The Diploma of Computer Science is designed to enable graduates to perform a variety of technical positions in business administration, industry, and government jobs. It also introduces students to basic software principles and maintaining and repairing computer parts, along with a wide range of applications for personal computers such as electronic tables, databases, drawing programs, networks, and multimedia.
The program awards a diploma after four semesters, and enables graduates to work as computer operators, network operators and maintenance specialists.
Diploma of Computer Science
Rank6 Degree: 1
The duration of the study for Computer Science specialization is two years, including 64 credit hours.
The importance of the Computer Science Diploma:
The Diploma of Computer Science is one of the most important programs offered by the Community College, in view of the massive and rapid development of information and communication technology in the Kingdom, especially the city of Makkah, and the large development projects established daily, as well as the continuous need for programmers, data entry personnel, and network operators.
The department's academic program is designed to prepare graduates to enter the labor market after a specific period of study, during which they acquire sufficient theoretical knowledge and practical experience to qualify them for productive work in the IT industry and computer programming. The program allows students to develop their knowledge and skills. It is also flexible and diversified to suit the requirements of the labor market and community service.
The program qualifies students who wish to continue their university studies after completing the academic credit hours (64 hours) and obtaining the diploma.
Career opportunities for graduates:
The importance of the program is evident through the areas of work available to graduatesin both the public and private sectors, in which some of the previous graduates of the program work. These include, but are not limited to:
1. Programming systems of governmental and private companies and institutions.
2. Building and maintaining databases.
3. Maintenance, operation, and updating of software.
4. Building websites.
5. Installation and maintenance of computers.
6. Installation, operation, and maintenance of computer networks.
Some recruitment agencies:
1. Some banks.
2. Some auto companies such as Abdul Latif Jameel Motors and Nissan.
3. Information and Technical Support Center at Umm Al-Qura University.
4. Passports Directorate.
Vision of the Diploma of Computer Science:
To be a pioneer in technical education in the field of computer science.
Mission of the Diploma of Computer Science:
To fulfill the need of the labor market for qualified technical and vocational graduates in accordance with international standards.
Objectives of the Diploma of Computer Science:
• Provide a distinct program that is closely related to the needs of Saudi society in the field of computer science.
• Prepare distinguished technical graduates who are able to compete in the local and global labor market.
• Improve student performance rates through intellectual, personal, and social development in a supportive and motivational environment.
• Enhance learning by expanding the use of innovative technology.
Goals of the Diploma of Computer Science:
• Link the program to the labor market through meetings and periodic visits to employment agencies.
• Collaborate with the private sector to share strengths and support weaknesses in order to improve the quality of the educational process.
• Train superior technical graduates in the fields of programming, networks, and computer maintenance.
• Expand the use of e-learning, teaching methods, and modern evaluation.
• Raise the percentage of the graduates.