Tasks of the Laboratories, Facilities, and Equipment Committee:
- Determining the department's needs with regard to scientific equipment.
- Full identification of the equipment needed for student laboratories, and follow-up of the implementation of safety systems and procedures within the department's laboratories.
- Determining the department's needs with regard to computer hardware and relevant IT accessories.
- Preparing the department's annual purchase order for equipment and apparatuses.
- Designing a plan to develop and update the specifications and standards that regulate the facilities and laboratories associated with the Department of Engineering and Applied Sciences with regard to: ventilation - illumination - electrical extensions - security and safety tools and systems - other necessary specifications and standards.
- Equipping a computer lab for students of the department.
- Archiving all the work of the committee, such as reports and other documents, and providing a copy of it to the head of the department.
- Considering the applications referred to the committee and completing any related transactions.