Umm Al-Qura University
Information Technology and Technical Support Center
Information Technology and Technical Support Center:
- Prepares the annual maintenance.
- Files reports if requests.
- Gets the automated system ready and customizes view according to every department's needs.
- Creates user names, passwords and authorities according to the nature of every employee's job at the department.
Follow up and maintenance:
- It fills a form and report faults of the library automated system to be sent for the Arabian Advanced Systems.
- It fills a fault form to report network errors that may be faced by the Information Technology and Technical Support Center.
- It follows up maintenance of the deanship's devices.
- It makes the necessary coordination with the Information Technology and Technical Support Center to carry out the necessary maintenance work and for the installation of new devices.
- It schedules the library and digital data backups on the automated system.
- It writes reports, in coordination with the departments, to fit every department's needs.
- It turns on regular maintenance of the library's automated system.
- It provides necessary technical guidelines on the systems.
Library portal (the website and the internal administration of the library):
- The Library's website.
- It adds news about the deanship of library affairs, its activities and events to the library's website.
- It updates the library's content on the internet.
- Creating links to (Facebook, Twitter, etc...)
- It designs supporting programs according to the deanship's needs.
- It amends and corrects fields if needed.