Umm Al-Qura University
Duties of Library Director for Technical Affairs
Duties of Library Director for Technical Affairs:
- He develops a schedule for the work at the library every year. The work should be done upon approval from library's top management team.
- He sets a report, supported with statistics, on the technical tasks and challenges that may block way for implementation or regular obstacles that may be referred to the library management team.
- He holds discussions with heads of departments to distribute work among librarians according to the job description of every position and experience needed for every employee.
- He suggests a committee shall be formed to carry out work in the library and report to the university's top management team.
- He supervises and follows up all quests and technical tasks assigned at the deanship.
- He takes part in writing a report on the library employees' performance every six month in coordination with the heads of departments.
- He oversees the annual inventory for the library's content.
- He names the library's needs in connection with the manpower and technical supplies.
- He holds regular meeting with the heads of departments to discuss the work flow.
- He coordinates with the Information and Decision Support Unit to provide information, reports and forms needed at the library.