Thd Department in Brief:
It provides library and direct research services to the beneficiaries through the book borrowing and halls departments.
Achieving satisfaction of the beneficiaries - the students, researchers and academic staff - by meeting their needs and using library halls.
Qualifications and skills needed for working inthe department:
• Bachelor's Degree in Library Science.
• Computer skills - Making search on the library platform.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with the beneficiaries.
- Book borrowing
- Hall services
Procedures and examples:
• Receiving beneficiaries and adding newcomers to the library platform.
• Library circulation and retrieving lent media.
• Finalizing discharge of the beneficiary.
• Collecting payable fines for delayed return of lent media.
• Guiding and educating the beneficiary on accessing and using information resources.
• Furnishing spaces for holding group discussions, research and education sessions.
• Applying behavior management systems.
• Supervising the organization and cataloguing of media on shelfs.
• Interlibrary reciprocal borrowing from girls' section.
• Cooperative book borrowing from other universities.
Jobs listed underthis department:
Book borrow- Return - Reciprocal Borrowing
Registering new beneficiary
Arranging halls and its content and applying behavior management systems.
Devices and tools needed to carry out duties assigned to the department:
Computer, Scanner, Printer, Self-borrowing devices, and Photocopiers.