Public Relations (PR) Department
The Department in Brief:
- The Public Relations Department (PR) links the library to the beneficiaries and other entities, inside and outside the university, and assumes the responsibility of the interaction with the media outlets.
- Introducing the library's activities
- Providing information and contacts in addition to the coordination, planning and evaluation.
- Conducting researches, collecting information and carrying out opinion surveys to collect information on competitor libraries and their activities.
- Creating two-way channels for communication between the library and the beneficiaries.
- Receiving, guiding and coordinating visits made by delegations to the library
- Planning and implementing PR programs
- Evaluating PR programs and plans before and after the implementation
- Coordination between the library and its departments on one hand and between the library and the beneficiaries on the other hand.
- Supporting communication between departments of the library.
- Following up the news about the library in local and foreign newspapers to replay, in case of enquiries or comments, and to collect and archive information.
Qualifications and skills needed for working in the department:
- Public Relations Postgraduate studies
- Computer skills (PowerPoint Presentations)
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with the beneficiaries, foreign parties and media outlets.
- Reception and Guiding skills to help visiting delegations
- Simultaneous Interpretation and fluency in speaking more than one language.
- The creation of a friendly relationship with the beneficiaries - whether it was between the staff members inside or outside the library.
- The PR officer is a spokesperson for the library.
- Developing a strategy for communications.
- Receiving, guiding and coordinating visits made by delegations to the library.
- Preparing and supervising the issuance of publications made by the library including the guidelines, reports and surveys.
- Keeping the press aware of the news about the library, its activities and events.
- Research halls bocking.
Procedures and examples:
- Taking part in writing down guidelines and reports on the library's activities.
- Taking part in the performance evaluation studies and measuring the beneficiaries' satisfaction.
- Setting and coordinating the delegations' visit programs.
- Coordinating and participating in exhibits, conferences and seminars.
- Preparing for media shows.
- Preparing halls for meetings, seminars, group discussions, research and education activities.
Jobs listed under this department:
- PR officer
- Meeting coordinator
Devices and tools needed to carry out duties assigned to the department:
Computer, printer, photocopier, and communication devices (fax - direct phone line - extension)