The Department of Sterilization and Restoration:
The Department in Brief:
It is tasked with the application of Sterilization and Restoration policies
Qualifications and skills needed for working in the department:
Conservator, restorer, document and manuscript restorer.
Procedures and examples:
The department of Sterilization and Restoration
• Manuscript disinfection by Ozonation device
• Drying up documents using a dehydrator.
• Bacterial disinfection using a dryer.
• Work and duration depend on the status and the damage of the document. A team is needed to carry out the job.
• Preservation and Conservation of documents and manuscripts.
• Receiving and inspecting paper documents.
• Document part numbering and assembling.
• Placing paper documents into the heat press machine.
• Ozonation- Putting documents into the Ozone device.
• Chemical treatment of documents- Mass deacidification - Paper softening.
• Dry treatment- Getting rid of dust, plankton and bugs.
• Surface cleaning of paper.
Jobs listed under this department:
Performance Standards: The average output per employee in addition to the performance and adequacy report.
Devices and tools needed to carry out duties assigned to the department:
Computer - Sterilization and Restoration devices (Ozone and dehydration) - Scalpel blades - Cautery - heat press machine - Glue Heat Remover - Cisors.