The College Vice Deanship for Hospital Affairs
Vice Dean of the College
Dr. Muhannad Kilkitawi
The college Vice Deanship for Hospital Affairs was established in the academic year 1437/1438 A.H. It plays a vital role in supervising the field training of the male and female students as a linking point between the college administration and students on one hand, and the field training facilities on the other hand.
These facilities include, but are not limited to: the different directorates of health affairs (Department of Environment and professional health and epidemiological surveillance, Department of Health Awareness, Department of Health Programs, Department of Vector Control), Department of Planning, department hospitals and health center, the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, the secretariats of branches and municipalities, which include water purification and desalination plants affiliated to the Water Authority, and the facilities relevant to public health in the private sectors such as poultry farms and specialized food laboratories.
- Coordinating and supervising the training works of the students.
- Activating community services of the college.
- Supporting and developing relations between the college and the different training facilities.
- Boosting the scientific and practical relations with the college of medicine and other health colleges with regard to training.
Duties of the College Vice Deanship for Hospital Affairs:
- Setting the plans, policies, duties, and objectives of the deanship.
- Conducting guidance and training to engage the academic staff members in the hospitals and health centers each in his area of specialization.
- Setting health awareness programs for the local community, including the celebration of international health days.
- Setting the quarterly and annual training program, following up its implementation and submitting regular reports on the works and activities of the vice deanship.
- Overseeing the support committees and units affiliated to the vice deanship.
- Preparing the agreements between the college and the various training facilities.
- Conducting field visits to the training facilities and introducing them to the training supervision mechanism.
- Preparing and sending letters directing male and female students to training facilities.
- Supervising students training during the field visits and internship periods at the different training facilities.
- Setting supervision tables from inside the college in cooperation with the heads and supervisors of the departments.
- Continuously updating the supervisors' data. Following up on the performance of the departments' training supervisors in coordination with the heads and supervisors of the departments to improve and develop the training process.
- Coordinating and arranging to honor the officials and supervisors in the various training facilities at the end of each academic year.
- Discussing training obstacles.
- Coordinating with the other medical colleges in all training matters related to the internship year.
- Directing the members of the academic staff in the college to the various hospitals and health centers to activate the community service as an integral part of the college's mission.
- Preparing the annual report of the vice deanship, which is part of the college's annual report. Supervising the events of the orientation program of the internship year and working to improve the mental imagery of the college.
- Supervising the implementation of the referred issues relevant to hospitals and teaching.
- Following up the update of the college website in relation to the vice deanship and the affiliated administrative units.
Achievements of the Vice Deanship of the College for Hospital Affairs for the Year 1439 -1440 A.H.
- Preparing and updating the training manual by the training committee, which includes a constellation of teachers specialized in the field of training.
- Coordinating with the directorates of health affairs in Makkah, Jeddah, and Al-Qunfudhah to provide training for the students in the internship year in the different departments.
- Coordinating with the hospitals in Makkah, Jeddah, and Al-Qunfudhah to provide training for students in the internship.
- Coordinating with the municipalities of Makkah, Jeddah, and Al-Leith to provide training for the students in the internship year.
- Distributing students to the different training centers and overseeing the training of the students in the internship year.
- Cooperating with Al-Leith General Hospital and Al-Qunfudhah Health Affairs Directorate to involve the academic staff members in the different departments of the hospitals and the health centers each in his area of specialization.
- Conducting the necessary coordination to make a meeting with the internship students upon concluding each training phase.
- The arrangement was made to honor all training parties and supervisors at the training sites.