Since its inception upon the UQU President's resolution on 23/12/1436 A.H., and under the generous auspices of the College Dean, the Vice Deanship of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research has undertaken its duties and responsibilities. The Vice Deanship has set as its objective contributing with the College's other vice-deanships, departments and faculty members to achieving the College’s ambitions and strategies. To that end, the Vice Deanship of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research has begun to:
- Document the academic publications by compiling them in a professional journal for the benefit of all;
- Designate an annual “Research Day” to showcase the research work done by the College’s staff, and give award to the most outstanding researcher;
- Follow up the establishment of the College’s “Research Lab”;
- Set up the “Academic Research Unit”;
- Set up the College’s “Graduate Studies Committee”;
- Create the “Academic Research Ethics Committee” to consider the ethical aspects in research theses submitted to the Committee, and take the proper action accordingly; and
- Develop an integrated future plan for graduate studies (MSc and PhD in Public Health).