1. What are the procedures for registration?
You can register by visiting the page of the Institute of Consulting Research and Studies through this link: (https://uq.sa/ZhTxR1) and filling in the Diploma Registration Form.
2. Is the diploma available for girls?
Yes, the diploma is offered to male and female students.
3. What is the method of study?
The study method is based on work and learning at the same time. The candidates at Americana are assigned a job and a monthly salary. After that, the candidate begins the diploma, to learn and work at the same time; he learns the theoretical subjects at the university and the practical ones during work.
4. What are the requirements for enrollment?
5. What is the duration of the diploma?
The duration of the diploma is 5 continuous semesters, including the summer semester, for a period of two academic years.
6. What are the steps of registration?
7. What papers are required for the program?
8. How can I learn about the work and study system after completing the registration and interview?
During the first month of employment, you are given the opportunity to closely study and learn about the work and study systems. Meanwhile, the company will determine your level of enthusiasm, your ability to adapt, and your commitment in the work environment. At the end of this month, you shall be enrolled in Umm Al-Qura University's Institute of Consulting Research and Studies to start the theoretical study, concurrent with the start of the practical work.
9. What is the job I will have when I start working?
A team member in one of the business lines of Americana (KFC - Hardee's - Krispy Kreme - TGI Fridays).
10. What is the language of study?
The scientific curriculum is offered in Arabic, with the use of English terms.
11. When will you contact me after registration?
First: Allah willing, students selected for a personal interview will be notified via a text message or a phone call for Americana jobs starting from 9 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 17 February, 2019 A.C.
Second: Personal interviews will be conducted starting from 12 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 17 February 2019 A.C., at the Human Resources Departments of Americana Company in Jeddah, Riyadh, Dammam, and the UQU Institute of Consulting Research and Studies, or as per the notification at the headquarters of the Chambers of Commerce in Makkah, Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam.
Third: Announcement of the results of the personal interviews and the candidates will be on 19 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 24 February 2019 A.C.
The signing of the contracts between the students and Americana Company: 26 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 3 March, 2019 A.C.
Commencement of work at Americana: 27 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 4 March, 2019 A.C.
The announcement of the names registered in the diploma program based on work commencement and a report sent by Americana: 10 Rajab, 1440 A.H, corresponding to 17 March, 2019 A.C.
12. Is it possible for male and female graduates to register in the program?
13. What if the registration link is not working?
You can register by visiting the website of the Consulting Research and Studies Institute through the following link:(https://uq.sa/ZhTxR1) or visit the website of the Institute of Consulting Research and Studies.
14. Can I change my city after submitting the application and passing the personal interview?
If a student wants to change their current restaurant to one in another city, they can do so after coordinating with Americana and the Institute.
15. What is the number of study hours?
16. Is it necessary to have prior experience working for restaurants?
Applying for a diploma requires no practical experience in any field.
17. What are the interview dates?
From 17 to 21 February.
18. Is there any financial reward during study?
Working students receive a salary during periods of work and study. After 12 months, high-achieving students receive an opportunity for promotion while working and studying in the program, along with an increase in salary and transfer to a supervisory position.
19. What are the supervisory positions that I can work in?
A supervisor in one of the Americana restaurants.
20. Can I study for the diploma if I do not pass the interview?
You cannot study for the diploma without passing the interview.
21. What is the vacation period during work and study?
Students working in the company get two days off per week to attend their lectures and three days off each semester to attend their exams.
As for studying vacations from the institute, they will be the official vacations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in addition to the times at the beginning of exams each semester according to the time plan of the five semesters announced at the program window at the institute site.
22. What are the number of theoretical subjects that will be taught at the university?
Eleven subjects will be taught at the university.
23. What does the diploma grant?
24. What are emergency and sick leave?
Saudi labor law applies to all those registered in work and the regulations of Umm Al-Qura University apply with regard to vacations and explained absences.
25. What is maternity leave?
26. If I was not admitted in the first batch of the diploma, can I register for the second batch?
Yes, you can do this.
27. What are the themes of the diploma?
In the practical integration and application of Vision 2030, and in accordance with the National Transformation Program 2020, Umm Al-Qura University and the restaurants sector at the Americana Group in the Middle East and North Africa have worked together to achieve an integration between theory and field practical application in a pioneer work-based learning experiment (mutual learning system) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Professional Diploma of Restaurant and Hospitality Management was developed to include 19 courses distributed on the following themes: