Expertise offices are an enhancement of the principle of strategic partnership between the University and all segments of society; a development of the specialized professional competence of the affiliates of the University; an employment of the University’s different potential in order to convert the knowledge and experience that the University and its affiliates have into economic projects with financial returns. This contributes to developing the self-generated revenues of the University and its affiliates; benefitting from the experience of the University’s faculty members beyond the boundaries of the University, yet under an official umbrella; and introducing them to the area of business and economy. That is by providing profit-based, specialized scientific services for conducting consulting studies, or designing and implementing training programs directed to all groups of society, while maintaining the standards of the profession and the confidentiality of information and data.
Objectives of Expertise Offices
The ‘Expertise Offices’ aim to enrich knowledge and scientific expertise and to provide advisory and research services in various disciplines, in a way that serves the beneficiaries of the government and private sector. This is achieved through the following:
- Providing scientific services as well as consulting, research, and scientific studies at a distinguished level to society in all fields and specializations, and promoting the development of the principle of partnership between the University and society.
- Giving the University’s faculty members the opportunity for providing scientific and consulting services, and contributing to building the knowledge economy.
- Consolidating the faculty members’ bond with the University through giving them opportunities, and providing financial incentives for the distinguished among them, for mutual benefit from the activities of the center.
- Finding distinguished opportunities to support practical practice for the University’s students, which contributes to developing their capacities through the scientific and consulting service projects provided by expertise offices.
- Employing the University’s administrative, financial, laboratory, and library equipment and potential for supporting development programs in the public and private sector, and providing specialized technical support including factories, laboratories, and university workshops, while compensating the University for the cost of using such facilities from the revenues of their scientific and consulting services.
- Developing the capacities of those with specialized scientific and professional competence in the different areas of knowledge.
- Participating in building the sector of experience and national consulting services, and developing academic consulting activities for serving local economy.
- Encouraging those with scientific competence to keep pace with the fast progress of science and technology.
- Creating added values for beneficiaries, including:
- Getting highly competent, specialized consulting services at a reasonable cost.
- Protecting the financial and intellectual property rights of all parties.
- Participating in building the national consulting services sector and developing academic advisory work to serve the local economy.
- Achieving added value for the beneficiaries, including offering a specialized advisory service with a high degree of efficiency and at an affordable cost, in addition to protecting the financial and intellectual rights of various parties.
Field-Based Expertise Offices
The university has different scientific competencies and experiences as a result of the diversity of disciplines in the colleges of the university and its branches, which include many disciplines, such as: humanities and education, engineering, health, computer and information technology, law and Shari`ah, applied sciences, administration and finance, as well as the fields of creativity and innovation.