The vision of the Department emanates from its various tasks and responsibilities including monitoring procedures implementation, and performing required investigations in all university departments to assure workflow accuracy and well performance, conducting inspection tours to designate insufficiency, cases of violations of job duties, or work completion, besides ensuring departments compliance with approved laws and regulations, following up on staff attendance, and making any proposals that would facilitate and improve the workflow in University.
The Departments aims at avoiding errors and deviations inside the administrative body of the University and carrying out sudden inspection tours to the university administrative and financial units for detecting gaps and violations and take necessary action.
The resolution of the Higher Administrative Reform Committee No. 190 dated Dhul-Qe'dah 18th 1409H, which defined tasks of the Follow up units in the government administrations as following:
• To take control and make the necessary investigations in various university departments and associated units to ensure the safety of work and the rationalization of performance
• To conduct inspections of the various related units and departments of the university to detect any deficiencies or omissions in the completion of the work and then work to correct the paths and evaluate the warp in collaboration with the competent authorities.
• To monitor functioning of the university units and departments linked to it to make sure of its compliance with the adopted rules and regulations and procedure.
• To examine the complaints referred to it in accordance with the powers on the administrative and financial violations and other violations.
• To conduct primary investigations or participate in the investigations disclosed by Control and Investigation Board and referred to it from the university administration or complaints received from the public after proving its seriousness.
• To monitor attendance of the university staff and the affiliating departments.
• To communicate with the Control and Investigation Board regarding work of the Board relevant to the Department as per the assigned tasks.
• To develop and strengthen the concept of self-censorship among all staff of the Department.
• To organize and maintain files and information related to the work of the follow-up in a manner conducive to easily and smoothly extracting them.
• To submit any proposals that would facilitate and improve the functioning of work in all departments of the university.