About the deanship:
The vice-deanship of the College of Applied Sciences is one of the college’s four vice-deanships. It organizes the college’s work, and facilitates the affairs in accordance with the Council of Education’s regulations and system.
- Supervising and developing the administrative work.
- Giving approval on securing the devices, equipment and chemical materials, in coordination with the procurement and warehouse management.
- Overseeing the college’s advance, and sending its documents to the financial affairs department.
- Giving permission to claim for the college-allocated advance, and managing the rules relevant to claiming it.
- Determining the college’s need of accredited jobs and their appointment, in coordination with the college’s department, the research laboratories, and the Deanship of Faculty Affairs.
- Giving permission to discharge from the college’s warehouse.
- Drawing up the approximate budget of the college’s annual devices, equipment and chemical materials orders, in coordination with the college’s other departments and units.
- Communicating directly with the university’s departments and managements over their relevant functions; the communication shall be with his peers or those close to his job position.
- Supervising the performance of the faculty members and those of equivalent status.
- Managing the search laboratories.
The vice-dean is directly linked to the following secretariats, managements and committees:
- College’s Council Secretariat
- Councils Coordination Unit
- Administrative Communications Unit
- Procurement Committee
- Laboratories Security and Safety Committee
- The college’s warehouse
- Non-Saudi Faculty Members Salaries Increase Committee
- Monitoring of Research Labs Building Preparation and Operations Committee.