Umm Al-Qura University
Duties and Competencies of the Vice Dean of Development and Entrepreneurship
Duties of the Vice Deanship
First: Duties of Development
- Promoting the culture of quality and spreading it on the college level.
- Supervising the activities of the committees affiliated to the deanship and related to development and quality.
- Supervising the preparation of the college's strategic, development and operational plans, and following up their implementation.
- Working on achieving and guaranteeing local and international program accreditation of the college's programs.
- Supervising the processes of measurement and evaluation of the performance of the academic and administrative programs and units of the college.
- Supervising the development programs with regard to the skills and capabilities of the college's academic staff and students.
- Motivating the participation of the academic staff in the programs offered by the Deanship of Academic Development and Quality.
- Implementing and following up the activities of the creativity and excellence awards in relation to the educational, research and administrative performance of the college.
- Following up the development of the educational facilities and the ongoing update of the laboratories, studios and the engineering workshops.
- Preparing an annual report about the development process in the college, and submitting it to the college dean.
- Supervising the college's website and updating its data related to the vice deanship and its affiliated administrative units.
- Supervising the supporting vice deanships in the preparation of the college's annual report.
Second: Duties of Entrepreneurship
- Promoting the culture of creativity and entrepreneurship in the engineering sector on the level of the college.
- Supervising the activities of the committees affiliated to the vice deanship and related to entrepreneurship.
- Motivating the innovations and the exceptional entrepreneurial and research ideas of the students and the academic staff.
- Providing a positive environment to embrace the creative ideas and leading work of the students and the academic staff.
- Promoting investments in the college.
- Offering specialized professional programs to both the public and private sectors as well as the third sector, contributing to enhance the society's youth with the culture of self-employment and providing them with the tools that motivate creativity and business development.
- Preparing an annual report about the business entrepreneurship process at the college, and submitting it to the college dean.