College Vice Deanship
The Vice-Deanship of the College of Engineering was established on 24th of Dhul-Hijjah,1424H to run the administrative and financial affairs of the college and meet the college's needs of qualified national and foreign cadres in the engineering field, besides developing general strategies to upgrade the college and its students in accordance with the job market.
Tasks of the College Vice Deanship:
- Assessing the technical and administrative jobs required by the different departments of the college.
- Determining the needs of the college's departments for specialized laboratories.
- Coordinating and simplifying administrative works of the college departments.
- Overseeing financial affairs and the specialized funds and its programs according to the laws and regulations.
- Approving requests of the government agencies to hire college members to give lectures and participate in the forums and conferences in a manner which doesn't affect their performance in the university.
- Looking into the students complaints in coordination with the heads of the departments and the Educational Affairs Vice-Deanship.
- Submitting regular reports to the college dean about the progress of the work in the affiliated units.
- Acting as the secretary of the college council in coordinating the meetings, setting its timetables, receiving presentation memos about the council from the college departments and overseeing typing of its minutes.
- Running and managing administrative affairs of the college, acting on behalf of the college dean in his absence or when he is assigned to do so.
- Setting up and preparing strategic plan of the college.
- Overseeing financial affairs of the unit and the budget of the college.
- Setting up college requirements plan of the technical and administrative college members and those who have similar position.
- Membership of the committee overseeing appointment of new college members.
- Overseeing the college's follow up unit in the college.